Thursday, September 29, 2011

NFL Week 3 @ CJ's Draft House (Eagles vs Giants)

This week's Sunday Phunday excursion was spent at CJ's Draft House in Deerfield Beach. I had heard that the owners of this sports bar were themselves from Philadelphia, so they supposedly had a good local following of Philly Phans.

Upon arrival, the place was packed out and the hostess that was on staff told us that there would be at least a 20-minute wait. I expected that there would be some sort of a wait (being that we arrived after half-time), so I grabbed a beer at the bar and waited for a table to become available.

Being that this bar has a reputation of housing many "phans", the place was filled with Eagles gear and patrons donning Eagles Jerseys. While I was waiting, a group of phans told me that my friends and I could sit at their table and order food. I let the hostess know of the change, and we ended up eating with complete strangers, but it didn't feel like it!  It's funny how sports and commonality of a city can bring people together, even though I knew noone sitting beside me at the table.

The Eagles ended up losing the game; bad. But the camaraderie spent with strangers, food quality, service, and overall experience left this phan satisfied and already planing a future return to CJ's Draft House.

Overall Grade: A

CJ's Draft House
1825 West Hillsboro Boulevard
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
(954) 428-9129

CJ's Website HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment